Finally scrounged the time to give this a try using this tute over at Polymer Clay Tutor using a piece of my son’s artwork. Middle: first test on a thin slab of faux wood veneer with black acrylic. Right: dark wood veneer with guilders paste. Left: translucent clay with acrylic and alcohol inks. In all […]
Category Archives: Work-Table Wednesdays
This was supposed to go out yesterday. Oops! Turned out my polymer clay projects box to find something to sand. Ummm yeah. Lots of that. LOL! Most of them need a good sanding. And then to be made into something. Or sold as loose beads… bead sets… something. I’m running out ta room!
Not feeling the urge to create today so I did some standing. Its almost meditative. Almost
About another hour into my entry for the Diva’s 101st Weekly Challenge. Can you guess what pigment I used. LOL!
Played with some slices of that kaleidoscope cane. Tried making some trumpet beads based on PCTs video tutorial. Here’s the result… a pair of earrings. Most of them broke whole I was tying to work with them. Not sure what I did wrong. Too thin maybe? Perhaps clay leaves or a calyx to reinforce that […]
My goal today: play with clay. So hard to decide what to make though. So many ideas and so little time. LOL! But the one on my mind most lately… kaleidoscope canes! So I started working on a one. Took me two hours to get it to this point. Lots of bright cheery colors! I […]
Quick pic from my work-table. Yes, this is actually on my work-table. Not the kitchen table. Brownie points if you can figure out which character the knitted hat is after. Still working on ears and eyes. J decided she wanted a hat and I found this one on Ravelry that I had all the ingredients […]
Been meaning to make this polymer clay ornament for a while (inspired by this link) but was feeling too cheap to buy clear glass ornaments to cover. So when Cindy of Polymer Clay Tutor posted her video about removing the clear coating on said ornaments I wondered if it would remove the paint of the […]
Doing the Diva’s Challenge this week and using Maria Thomas’ Zinger tangle. I’m so happy with this one I’m going to do it again. Maybe as a card.
Been playing a little with image transfer using gel medium and inkjet prints. This is my second try with alcohol inks (and floor polish as extender): Here’s my first try: It’s getting better but I’m still not there. Wherever “there” is. LOL! Might try a hand colored later copy next. Off to rustle up the […]