Forgive the backtracking… its been a busy week. Just pretend you read this on Tuesday.
This ZIA was inspired by this henna design. Tentacles! Not sure why but my mind immediately went there. This is not quite what I had originally envisioned but it is close. Didn’t quite capture the flow-y-ness I like of the inspiration. :-/
Used Suckers by Lizzie Mayne for the tentacles. Will be using it again! Things I learned using this tangle: making the tentacles thicker and slightly curving the lines that intersects the rings make them more dimensional (to my twisted brain anyway).
Other tangles I used: The shell is Galatea by Molussus. The gear is Geer 3 also by Molussus (this one is becoming a habit!). The border is Persian Flower Boarder by Neil Burley. (or half of it anyway)
The original is much lighter than this scan came out but I like the contrast better in the scan. The pens are microns and the color washes are watercolor using a waterbrush. (cool tool!)
This is almost something I’d consider having tattooed… sans the border… almost.